Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Live music & The Roommate

I was grateful to be in the audience at two awesome performances Thursday and Friday.

The first was THE RISE OF THE UNDERGROUND at Le Poisson Rouge this past Thursday - A show put on by Kimberly Nichole, featuring herself as well as Jaiden "The Cure", Rahbi, Sophia Urista, & Charles Perry.

On Friday I saw Emily King & Jesse Boykins III at Tribeca 92Y. 


Jesse (above) and Emily (below)


Jesse Boykins opened and he has such a cool artist vibe, and the greatest hair. (see above)

And if you know me, you know I'm a huge Emily King fan, and have seen her MANY times in NYC. Her sound is so tasteful. Just destined to be a musician - her voice is so controlled and passionate, and whether she is playing solo or with full band & tracks, she really brings the audience in - and her songs are fantastic.

I also recorded a hook for a rapper out in Brooklyn, went to a surprise party for my friend Andrea Setaro, helped out my friend Brooke Forman in the studio, and went and saw The Roommate twice - kind of a modernized Single White Female. I liked it, obviously, since I saw it twice.
HA!




No comments: