Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Green Chimneys

Sometimes I wish I blogged more - and sometimes I just don't feel like it ;-)

I've been feeling really great though - grateful for many things in my life.

I am now living at the Times Square building on 43rd/8th. It's low-income housing, which means super cheap rent, and they let you sublet the place out for 6 month periods.

Wheeee!!!!! And I'm right in Times Square, what?!?!?! Steps away from Broadway Dance Center, so I've been taking more classes there again, which feels really nice.

Today, I went back to this place called Green Chimneys, a home for runaway & homeless youth. Many of them are LGBTQ. I played there once before, and though many of them are "troubled," they really seem to appreciate the music - it's really an honor to have them listening and responding to the music. I brought my friend Melissa to sing some duets, and my friends Heightz to do some rapping. I think it went over really well.

LaShawn Kelly, who I met a couple years ago, has been very supportive of my career, and is one of the main staff at Green Chimneys. She is truly amazing. Hope to go back there soon.

No comments: